The Girl On The Train (Movie VS Book) [Spoiler free]

by - November 04, 2016

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



So the other day it was the cinema party(where I live) which means the cinema was really cheap. Because of that, I went twice in two days(which it's incredible) and today I wanna write about "The Girl On The Train" film.

I read the book a while ago and I really liked it, I still do. So I went to the cinema and I saw the movie, I have to say, I was really disappointed. Even though the movie was really well made and the actors were amazing, It just wasn't what I the expected.

Starting with the actors, even though they are really good actors and they did It really good, they just weren't like the characters. Emily Blunt as Rachel? The character is described as "a drunk, fat and quite ugly" girl and Emily isn't fat and ugly and they could have used another actress and the film would still be fire! I hate the fact that even though the character is supposed to be fat and ugly, Hollywood can't stand having an actress that looked like that, It's so frustrating!... And what about Edgar Ramírez as Dr Kamal Abdic? Edgar is a really handsome Latin actor (don't get me wrong) and the Dr Kamal Abdic (even for the name you can suppose it) it's supposed to be Asiatic and even in the movie, they say it's North American which is crazy and that leads me to the next thing...

The location. Why did they change the city of London for New York? I get that it hasn't to be exactly like the book but still! why change the city when the actress is British? The name of the town is quite similar but when I heard "Manhattan" I just couldn't believe it. It doesn't make sense to me why would they do that? Maybe I should be more informed, but I still think it was wrong


They did a good job explaining the story  (they are some essential scenes missing, in my opinion) and showing how the book is made but I think that anyone that has seen the movie and hasn't read the book, do it. Read the book and enjoy it. I know it's going to be hard not to picture Emily as Rachel but try and you'll love it.

My favourite scene is the end tho, I loved it in the book and I loved it in the movie also, it's shocking and on point.

IF you haven't seen/read it. Do it, and tell me what you think!



have a nice day!


Africa.



You May Also Like

0 comentarios